Get Your Own! | View Slideshow

Larry and I

Do you believe in destiny? This blog is all about my love and my boyfriend, Larry. Although I don't know how is our love in future but I just want to keep our memory forever and ever.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year



Xin Nian Kuai Le

Happy Chinese New Year





Chinese New Year is one of my favorite celebration. Although I like it but It doesn't mean I know well about this celebration. I know just only this celebration is Chinese New Year and this year is year of pig (I was born in this year so this year I will 24 years old). And this day I also get "Hong Pao" from my family. Hong Pao is money in red envelopment. Moreover, this celebration is a day for praying respect to god and my ancestors. Don't ask me how to do that because I don't know.....haha. According to I'm Chinese girl and I don't want my boyfriend says like I don't know any else except "Hong Pao" so I found some information and pasted it here. The next time I can tell him some about this...haha


Chinese New Year is the longest and most important celebration in the Chinese Calendar.
Chinese months are reckoned by the lunar calendar, with each month beginning on the darkest day. New Year festivities traditionally start on the first day of the month and continue until the fifteenth, when the moon is brightest. In China, people may take weeks of holiday from work to prepare for and celebrate the New Year.


At Chinese New Year celebrations people wear red clothes, decorate with poems on red paper, and give children "lucky money" in red envelopes. Red symbolizes fire, which according to legend can drive away bad luck. The fireworks that shower the festivities are rooted in a similar ancient custom. Long ago, people in China lit bamboo stalks, believing that the crackling flames would frighten evil spirits.


Just a summary story for Chinese New year which most of Chinese people in this world do and know. For my Chinese New year in this year start from saw my mom prepared many stuffs on Feb 16. I heard that today is like the day for shopping and buying many stuffs. And then I saw my mom prepared a lot of food for next day. On Feb 17 we had many kinds of respect god and ancestors in my house. We started in the morning we respected my ancestors and then we had lunch together (I ate a lot hehe). In the afternoon we respected the souls and then we had dinner together (I ate a lot again hehe.) And the time for my "Hong Pao" was coming. Although I have already worked but I still expected to get that. haha After that we respected to god at 11 pm. Many processes. On Feb 18, I woke up a bit late then wore the new dress and went to my cousin house for picking up "Hong Pao" (I'm not stingy girl, though I look like that) Then I went to have Tim Sum Buffet with my family (I ate a lot again). This is my Chinese new year. It was simple and normal. Nothing much accept Hong Pao and Eat hehe (May be because this year is pig of year so I ate a lot for celebration.)


Ps. Larry, Happy Chinese New year, baby. Wish you are happy and lucky in this year and don't forget my Hong Pao na....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home